Lamb's Supper Book Study

This is an online book study. If you have questions about this study please send an email to: ruth_becker@mac.com

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Pt. 3, Ch. 3 Parish the Thought!

"Meet you in heaven' is the phrase that comes to mind after reading this section. The chapter, reinforcing that we are all part of God's clan or family, reinforcing the call to help each other to "seek the Lord and He shall be found." We don't want to leave anyone behind .... left behind because we do not try to reach them. ...... Hahn says each Mass is a Family Reunion.... (don't we dress like it) ................ The sign of our family is "the sign of the Cross" another "Catholic" thing with more meaning than we realize... It is our mark ... our spiritual family tatoo. ....... I also mean to reflect more on the line on p, 151 "Grace makes up for the weakness of human nature. With His help, we're able to do what we couldn't do by ourselves: namely, love perfectly and sacrifice totally." Hahn closes the section with "The Eucharist changes us," and I think I see that in myself. First you start getting more out of weekly Mass, then you are drawn to daily Mass and then to Eucharistic Adoration once, twice or more a week. With this comes change including a greater awareness of my own sinfulness and a desire to serve. I continue to pray, "Lord make me into the woman you want me to be." Major change is needed.............. Our common sainthood begins now. Lord help me to love people enough to draw then to the table. ...... I don't know if this all makes sense but that's all folks ... for tonight. Meet you at Mass....... sooner or later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home