Lamb's Supper Book Study

This is an online book study. If you have questions about this study please send an email to: ruth_becker@mac.com

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Ruth - Forward

I read this book 5 years ago when it first came out, forgot most of the details but remembered the joy I had in gaining a renewed love for the Eucharistic Lord. Just starting to reread this book rekindles that joy. I had studied the Book of Revelation back in the 70’s at a seminary. The approach was more historical showing how a persecuted church had to communicate and survive in hiding and in codifying its writings. Until I read this book I was never introduced to the connection between the Book of Revelation and the Eucharist. Fr. Groeschel points out that the Mass is not a religious service and how he, as a priest, stands-in (persona Christi) for Christ, the High Priest. Father's next to last line really pulls at my soul. (page xv) … “when we are at the Liturgy of the Mass, Christ is there and mysteriously we are for that moment standing at the Eternal Supper of the Lamb.” Lord, I pray that the rereading of this book helps me to be better prepared to receive the Lamb of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home