Lamb's Supper Book Study

This is an online book study. If you have questions about this study please send an email to: ruth_becker@mac.com

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Ruth: Chapter 1: In Heaven Right Now

Isn’t it great to read about conversion experiences? To see God actively calling people into our Church, a church that we often take for granted. Conversation stories help renew my own faith and appreciation for it. .....I share in the author’s excitement when I read of his sudden awareness and statement, “MY LORD AND MY GOD. THAT’S REALLY YOU!” I think that most of us life long Catholics have also come to that point or we have grown in awareness of the same fact …. that Christ is truly present in the Eucharist and then the words, “THIS IS THE LAMB OF GOD…” take on so much meaning……. I think that many Catholics have blinders on to the real presence because they have been so poorly catechized and because we are historically illiterate of the history of our faith. ....... Dr. Hahn talks about the earliest Fathers of the Church considering the Book of Revelation to be the key to the liturgy, and the liturgy the key to the Book of Revelation. We have so little background in our faith. …… We hear more about the second coming and end times from the “Left Behind” media coverage than we do from our own church. I joyously look forward to seeing the wealth and teaching of our own faith as it shows us the “Catholic” connection and understanding of the Eucharist and Revelations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home