JoAnn - Ch 4 Taste and See the Gospel
What a beautiful chapter on understanding the parts of the Mass. He states that the Liturgy engages the whole person - body, soul and spirit. We hear, see, smell and taste it! I read and reread about the sign of the cross. What an expression of our faith. I now understand more fully why we start with the sign of the cross, ask for repentance, etc. Regarding scripture readings Hahn stated, "don't ever let people tell you that the Church doesn't call Catholics to be Bible Christians" as the Bible has a three-year cycle of reading in the Mass. Throughout this chapter he brings out things that should have just stood out at me before. Like the words of consecration, and the Our Father, "give us this day our daily bread." Hahn says, give us this day our daily "Eucharist". I had always reflected, "give us this day our daily bread, as "grace"; give me the grace I need this day. The "bread", "Eucharist" is fulfillment - God Himself. That's why the Our Father introduces the Communion part of the Mass. In Communion we say Yes to God and are bonded with our eternal family in heaven - awesome! The Mass ends and we are "sent" to go out to live and spread God's word. Lord, I pray that the power of the Mass and the Eucharist molds me into Your image and likeness. That I am able to live Your message, that I am able to be Your holy, humble and obedient witness.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home