Ruth: Chapter 2: Given for You.
The first lines of this chapter hit my heart. “The Phrase in the Mass that knocked me out was the ‘Lamb of God,’ because I knew that this Lamb was Jesus Christ Himself.”
Don’t you get the feeling that we should bow profoundly when we proclaim the “Lamb of God.” We are addressing THE God, THE Lord, THE Lamb of God, OUR Savior! It is hard to find the words to express the profound reality of it all. A God that is a sacrificial offering for us.”……..I loved the statement, “The Lamb rules, occupying heaven’s throne.” Does he rule our lives….? I really think that we have to understand the significance of the “Lamb” to understand the Eucharist. Just as Abraham did not withhold his son and generations were blessed so God did not withhold his Son and we are all blessed/saved. ……… When I read on p. 20 “It is the sacrifice of the Lord’s Passover, for He passed over the houses of the people of Israel in Egypt, when He slew the Egyptians (EX 12: 26-27) it bought to mind that God punishes as well as saves/redeems. We need to understand this so we understand the results we deserve for our sins. …….. (p, 22) Psalm 51:17 states, “The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit.” I think of that as meaning a repentant spirit….someone who recognizing and repents of their sinfulness. I am a sinner yet saved by the sacrificed Lamb of God. …… …….. Here is a question for the those in our study….Have you attended a seder meal? If so has it helped you to better understand this chapter and the Mass? .....…….. The statement, "You have to eat the Lamb" resonated in my soul….and is part of why I am Catholic. Thank you Lord that I know the “Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. Have mercy on me a sinner.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home