Lamb's Supper Book Study

This is an online book study. If you have questions about this study please send an email to: ruth_becker@mac.com

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Ruth: Chapter 3: From the Beginning

It is awesome how our church is from the beginning—the very beginning. …. Our Eucharistic prayers are from the beginning of Christianity…. I remember how amazed I was when I first was exposed to the fact that our Mass is composed of such ancient prayers. Isn’t it a shame that most Catholics have never heard of the early church writings like the Didache. They give such evidence that Catholicism was not made up through the centuries. …………. This chapter starts out mentioning Cannibalism. I was talking a few weeks ago to a WTS student who said she had no trouble with the Lutheran understanding of Eucharist because she did not agree with the Catholic understanding that the host actually became flesh…real flesh. There is a difference between real presence and real “flesh.” ……… I have attended and hosted many Passover meals and find that they speak for themselves as a way to enrich our Christian faith. …. On to chapter 4…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home